It’s easy to create calendar events on your iOS device, you can even ask Siri to add one for you. Instead of adding each and every holiday, it’s better to import an ICS file and add all of them in your Calendar app.
I’ve been googling for “Philippine Holidays” for this year, but I havent found a good ICS file to use. One of the top search result is this one [link] from Calendar Labs, however, the dates are not accurate and incomplete. None of the other result offers any extensive and accurate calendar events so I decided to create a calendar with all the official Philippine events and festivals. I call it “Pinoy Calendar”, thanks to iCloud’s “Calendar Sharing” feature.
Here’s how to add the Pinoy Calendar to your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
On a PC (Windows or any other computer)
- copy the URL below to your clipboard by highlighting the link and pressing “CTRL+C”webcal://p03-calendarws.icloud.com/ca/subscribe/1/VSJZfpzZ6ulheF-aJr-dQ5YW53r1jZDAyljtDNjWtar7pYZF2E81pcYaoGYCwBbEYnDNM3F2vuGXUFtoZxIOKLvf_GmHC1K2ycq4aSWzxPE
- Open any email client, paste the URL, and send it to your active email address on your iOS device.
- Get your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch, and open Mail.
- Once you receive the email, click on the link, and you’ll be ask if you want to subscribe, click ok.
If you’re too lazy to send an email to yourself, you can just post your email address in the comments section and I will send you an invite where you can subscribe to Pinoy Calendar with a click of a button.
If you’re already using an iOS device to view this page, simply click this link to subscribe to Pinoy Calendar.
Here’s the list of Philippine Event included in Pinoy Calendar:
- 1 NEW YEAR’S
DAY – Sunday (Every 1st of January)
- 9 FEAST OF THE BLACK NAZARENE
- 14 PASUNGAY FESTIVAL (San Joaquin, Iloilo) – 3rd Saturday
- 15 ATI-ATIHAN (Kalibo, Aklan) – 3rd Sunday
- 15 SINULOG (Cebu City) - 3rd Sunday
- 22 DINAGYANG FESTIVAL (Iloilo City) - 4th Sunday
- 23 CHINESE NEW YEAR 2012 (Binondo, Manila)
- 31 FEAST DAY OF ST. JOHN BOSCO
- 2 FEAST OF NUESTRA SENORA DE LA CANDELARIA or “OUR LADY OF CANDLES.” (Jaro, Iloilo)
- 9-12 HOT AIR BALLOON FIESTA ( Clark, Angeles, Pampanga) - Thursday to Sunday
- 11 FEAST DAY OF OUR LADY OF LOURDES
- 14 HAPPY VALENTINES’ DAY!
- 22 ASH WEDNESDAY
- 25 EDSA REVOLUTION ANNIVERSARY
- 26 PANAGBENGA – BAGUIO FLOWER FESTIVAL (Baguio City)
- 29 LEAP DAY
- 3-4 Malasimbo Music & Arts Festival (Puerto Galera)
- 25 FEAST OF THE ANNUNCIATION
- 31 EARTH HOUR 2012 – Saturday 8.30pm-9.30pm
- 1-8 HOLY WEEK!
- 5 MAUNDY THURSDAY
- 6 GOOD FRIDAY
- 6 MORIONES FESTIVAL (Marinduque)
- 6 CUTUD CRUXIFIXIONS (Pampanga)
- 7 FEAST DAY OF ST. JOHN BAPTIST DE LA SALLE
- 8 EASTER SUNDAY
- 9 BATAAN DAY (ARAW NG KAGITINGAN)
- 15 FEAST OF THE DIVINE MERCY
- 22 EARTH DAY
- 1 LABOR DAY | Tuesday (Every 1st of May) | Philippines
- 13 HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY! – 2nd Sunday of May
- 15 PAHIYAS 2012 ( Lucban, Quezon)
- 17-19 OBANDO FERTILITY RITES (Obando, Bulacan) - Every 17th for St. Paschal, 18th for St. Clare, 19th of May for the Our Lady of Salambao
- 28 NATIONAL FLAG DAY JUNE 2012
- 12 PHILIPPINE’S INDEPENDENCE DAY
- 17 HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!
- 19 BIRTH ANNIVERSARY OF DR. JOSE RIZAL
- 24 FEAST DAY OF ST. JOHN THE BAPTIST (San Juan, Manila)
- 24 PARADA NG LECHON FESTIVAL (Balayan, Batangas)
- 29 PINTADOS/ KASADYAAN FESTIVAL (Tacloban)
- 11 FEAST DAY OF ST. BENEDICT
- 22 BOHOL SANDUGO FESTIVAL (Tagbilaran, Bohol)
- 26 FEAST DAY OF SAINT ANNE
- 31 FEAST DAY OF ST. IGNATIUS OF LOYOLA
- 14 UGU BIGYAN’s BIRTHDAY SALE (Tiaong, Quezon)
- 15 ASCENCION OF MOTHER MARY INTO HEAVEN
- 19 KADAYAWAN SA DABAW (Davao City)
- 19 EID’L FITR | Sunday (Calculated date for 2012 pending proclamation).
- 21 NINOY AQUINO DAY | Tuesday (Every 21st of August)
- 27 NATIONAL HEROES’ DAY – Last Monday of August
- 29 KAGAY-AN FESTIVAL – FEAST DAY OF ST. AUGUSTINE ( Cagayan de Oro City)
- 8 MOTHER MARY’S BIRTHDAY
- 9 HAPPY GRANDPARENT’S DAY!
- 14 FEAST OF THE TRIUMPH OF THE HOLY CROSS
- 15 PENAFRANCIA VIVA LA VIRGEN 2012 (Naga City)
- 23 FEAST DAY OF PADRE PIO
- 29 ILIGAN FIESTA – FEAST DAY OF ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL (Iligan City)
- 1 THE FEAST OF ST. THERESE OF CHILD JESUS
- 4 THE FEAST OF ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI
- 5 WORLD’S TEACHERS DAY
- 20-21 MASKARA FESTIVAL 2012 (Bacolod)
- 26 EIDUL ADHA (calculated date for 2012 pending proclamation)
- 27-28 LANSONES FESTIVAL 2012 (Camiguin)
- 1 ALL SAINT’S DAY
- 2 ALL SOUL’S DAY
- 13 DIWALI FESTIVAL
- 23 HIGANTES FESTIVAL (Angono, Rizal)
- 23-25 MAHARLIKA SUNRISE FESTIVAL
- 28 HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY!(Every last Thursday of November)
- 30 BONIFACIO DAY
- 1 ANNUAL CULTURAL TOUR OF NEGROS (Bacolod)
- 8 IMMACULATE CONCEPTION
- 15 GIANT LANTERN FESTIVAL (San Fernando, Pampanga)
- 16 SIMBANG GABI
- 16 OBLATION RUN (University of the Philippines)
- 21 END OF THE WORLD (Mayans)
- 25 CHRISTMAS DAY
- 30 RIZAL DAY
- 31 LAST DAY OF THE YEAR
For comments and clarification or if you want to add an event to the calendar pls. use the comments section below.
Leave a Reply