Although still in beta, I find Siri very usefull. I just love it when I don’t have to open up the Calendar app to create appointments, nor look for the Clock application to set an alarm or timer. I really thought there’s not much use to Siri until last Thursday, July 26, the personal assistant just stopped working. She just won’t set the timer nor tell the time anymore, all she
say is that she’s sorry.
I’m really sorry about this, but I can;t take any request right now. Please try again in a little while.
To trouble shoot the issue, I did the following procedure in order:
- Restart Siri – Go to Settings/General/Siri/ then Switch off and on.
- Restart the iPhone.
- Reset Network Settings – Go to Settings/General/Reset/Reset Network Settings.
- Reset the All Settings.
- Restart my DSL model, and router.
- Test Siri on 3G/4G cellular data network.
- Test Siri on other WiFi network.
- Back up the iPhone and Restore with iTunes (took 30 minutes).
None of the above procedure fixed the problem with Siri. After searching the web for clues (link), some people having the same issue concludes that it must have something to do with the huge volume of traffic Apple server gets due to Mountain Lion downloads after all the error started to appear on the second day of OSX 10.8 public release.
As of now, there’s no official statement from Apple technical support yet. I just hope this is indeed a problem with Siri server and now with my phone.
Are you experiencing same problem with Siri? Have you figured out how to solve it? Let us know in the comments section below.
Leave a Reply