- You will be asked to provide a valid billing address in the new country as well as a payment method, such as a credit card, debit card, or iTunes Store GIft Card that was issued in the new country. Without these, you will not be able to change your account’s country.
- Please be aware that content purchased from the iTunes Store is country-specific. If you wish to upgrade any of your iTunes Store content to iTunes Plus, you’ll need to do so before you change your account’s country. After you change countries in your account, you won’t be able to upgrade the content you purchased while your account was set to the previous country.
- The content from the App Store is also country-specific. If you wish to upgrade any of your applications, please do so before changing countries. After you change countries, you won’t be able to upgrade the applications you purchased while your account was set to the previous country.
- If you have any store credit, you will need to use the credit before you can change countries in your account.
- If you have any items that are not downloaded or rentals that have not expired, you will not be able to change countries in your account until after you download the items or the rentals expire after the 30 days remaining.
Now that we know how rentals work, you just need to follow the next steps to change your iTunes country settings.
- First, make sure you’re using the latest version of iTunes. http://www.itunes.com/download
- Click the following link to open iTunes and access the Apple Account Information page: http://phobos.apple.com/accountSummary
- Enter your iTunes Store account name and password, then click Account Info.
- On the Apple Account Information page, click Change Country.
- Enter the updated information and save your changes.
The downloaded rental is a Free TV show which I did not bother watching so I deleted it. Perhaps if I can re-download the rented file, then the rentals expire and I can change my country settings. Guess I’ll have to ask technical support if that’s possible and how to do that. Will keep you posted.
Leave a Reply