It’s easy to send photos on the iPhone and the iPod touch, all you have to do is navigate the Photos app for the desired images tap the menu and hit “email photo”. It will load the Mail app and attach the photo on a new email. Now, what if you don’t want to send a new email, and rather insert/attach an image on a reply email, to keep the existing conversation intact? There’s no menu on Mail app that will let you insert a photo. To deal with this all you have to do is follow this simple steps.
- Open the Email that you want to reply with.
- Hit the home button and open the Photos App, browse for the desired photo.
- Tap hold the photo until the “copy” option shows, then select it.
- Now that iOS supports multitasking, double tap on the home button and choose the Mail App.
- On Mail hold tap where you want to insert/attach the photo and choose paste.
If you want to attach multiple photos on a reply email, all you have to do is repeat the process OR you can use the method below.
- Select an album on Photos, on thumbnails view tap the menu.
- Now select the photos you want to attach. Then tap on Copy.
- You can now go to the Mail app, hold tap and select paste.
It could have been great if Apple adds an “attach button” on Mail to make it more intuitive. For now the only way to do it is using the copy-paste function on iOS, thanks to multi-tasking support. If you know a better way to do it, let us know in the comments section.
Leave a Reply