I love Apple’s AirPlay, it allows me to share every photos, music, and movies saved on my iPhone with my 32-inch TV, no need to rub cheeks with the whole family. Before Apple TV, I used to copy photos to a flash drive, then connect it to the TV’s USB port. AirPlay simplifies the process, just shoot and share! However, the Photo’s App on iOS device will only stream photos, it won’t stream videos, but you can enable it with by installing Air Home Video.
- Jailbreak your iOS device.
- Make sure Cydia is installed.
- Use the search function and look for Air Home Video.
- Install the App. (you need to pay $0.99)
- Restart your device.
- Open the Photos App and play a movie saved on your Camera Roll.
- You will notice that the playback controls now have an AirPlay icon, tap it.
- Choose which AirPlay compatible device you want to stream the video.
AirPlay Home Video feature includes the ability to trim down videos to show just a portion of it. You can also choose to stream videos in low quality which will make you iPhone stream the movie to Apple TV faster. Tried it on my iPod Touch and it did the job pretty well, I think Apple will allow Camera Roll streaming on iOS 4.3.
Leave a Reply