Here’s the scenario: You went to a club, met a girl, and your’re so drunk that you forgot that you have a wife, now she keeps calling you. Sure you can erase all the recent calls, but you know your partner is not dumb not to get a clue. By default, you cannot delete a single call log on your iPhone, but you can do so with or without jailbreaking your iPhone. Here’s how:
To delete a single recent call log without jailbreaking
- Goto this page. Download and install iBackupBot for iTunes.
- Connect you iPhone to your computer then sync using iTune (make sure iTunes creates a backup).
- Close iTunes then open iBackupBot.
- On the left page select your iPhone.
- On the Main menu select Plugins/Call History. (You will be asked to buy the application, just hit cancel)
- On the Call History Viewer select call log you want to delete, then press delete on your keyboard or the “delete” icon and confirm.
- Go back to the main menu and hit “File” then choose “Restore”.
- The restore proceeds will take a while and you will be asked to manually restart your iPhone. Just hold the power button until it shuts down, hold it again to start it up.
The procedure above is for non-jailbroken iPhones, jailbreakers can delete a single call log without the need of a computer. Here’s how.
- Make sure you have a jailbroken iPhone, then run cydia.
- Hit the search icon and look for “Recent/CallLog Delete“.
- Install the app and restart your iPhone.
- Open the Phone App, then choose “recents”.
- Swipe you finger to the entry you want to delete and hit the “delete” button.
Recent/CallLog Delete is a free extension filed under “BiggBoss” repository and developed by MirrorDev.
If the instructions above just saved your marriage, you can always send me a beer, Cheers!
Other reason why you might want to delete a single call log is when you used someone’s iPhone with or without consent, the owner won’t be able to notice how long your call is and will not know the number you dialed.
Leave a Reply