Draw Something [itunes link] is good, but drawing same words over and over is tiring, plus there are lots of ways to cheat the game. If you want something more challenging yet fast phased and fun, try out Five-0 “Number Scrabble”. Like the product pages says, it’s like scrabble, but with numbers. Which means you don’t need to look at the dictionary or use a helper application, all you need is your math.
The game is fairly simple, there are 60 tiles each player initially gets five tiles to begin with. All you have to do is plot down the tiles horizontal or vertical, making sure that the total sum of the tiles plotted is divisible by 5. The challenge is to have the most score which is combination of luck and wit. You’re lucky if you always get the numbers 10, and 5 as you can use them to extend tiles and have more score per turn, however you need to think of the all the possible tile placement to have the best score per turn.
Here’s why I’m addicted to Five-O
- No need to look up for words, same scrabble fun without squeezing your vocabulary.
- Multi-Player Support
via Game Center, as long as you’re connected to the internet you can play with anyone using the auto-match feature.
- Multiple Simultaneous Match, you can create upto 15 matches and get back to each game at your own pace just like Draw Something.
- There’s no way to cheat – hopefully it remains that way.
- It improves my math – addition skill.
- Unlike free to play games, in Five-o you don’t need to buy boosters via in app purchase making the game clean and simple.
- Social Network Support – Sure game center is okay, but winning against a Facebook friend is sure to give player extra bragging arena. For example, if “X player wins a match” an update will be automatically posted on his wall saying”X player beats Y player in a ZZ hours”. Same as when a player left a game because he or she cannot accept losing.
- Better UI – The main menu looks okay, but a more graphical interface would be more appealing.
- Hint button – There’s no way to
look for hint if you cant find the best answer. Although this is optional, the lack of hint makes the game more engaging.
- Android, Mac, and PC version so more people able to play the game. I’d love to be on a Five-o detach match game with my non iOS friends.
Leave a Reply